Good news! I’m going to walk you through step-by-step how to get an email with a custom domain setup and running to use with Gmail.
There’s several email providers you can choose but the most common is Gmail. So, we’ll be setting up the email to work within Gmail.
I’ll include some frequently asked questions at the end to help as well.
It’s actually not too difficult, so let’s get started!
Why Is Using Gmail Important When Setting Up An Email With A Custom Domain?
Here are four reasons why using Gmail is important for setting up a custom domain email for your business or website:
- The majority of people use Gmail as their email service provider. G Suite is what google offers to be able to setup your email with a custom domain.
- You’re likely familiar with Google apps, which Google gives you access to their full suite of apps (hence, G Suite).
- You can view your emails for your business in the same manner as your personal email – directly from within Gmail.
- G Suite support is AMAZING. No seriously, setting up email can be tricky for a domain (which is why you’re here I presume). The good news is that G Suite always answers promptly and has solved my issues with incredible speed!
How To Set Up An Email With A Custom Domain With Gmail: Step-By-Step
1. Head to either GoDaddy or Namecheap and purchase your domain.
3. Click on the “Get Started” button for the plan of your choice and enter the info for your business.
4. Now, it’s time to verify you’re domain name.
The easiest way I found to do this is by choosing to insert an HTML tag into your site’s home page. You can do this by downloading the Headers and Footers WordPress plugin, then go ahead and copy and paste the code into the header.
Click “Verify” to get your domain verified!
5. Finally, go ahead and login to your Google Workspace account if you aren’t already.
Click on “Users” and you should have a user listed there. You can then simply edit the info or add however many more users you need!
Congratulations! You’ve just finished setting up your own custom domain name email. If for some reason you got stuck on verifying your domain, I recommend reaching out to G Suite support.
Be sure to grab a coupon for 20% off G Suite here if you haven’t yet!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On How To Use Gmail With Your Custom Domain
In short, G Suite is a suite of Google apps you can get for your custom domain. This includes Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and more! Go here to the G Suite purchase page to see the full list.
There are three plans to choose from when purchasing G Suite on the pricing page. The three plans available are Basic, Business, and Enterprise. See the full breakdown below.
Unfortunately, no. But the good news is that it’s only $6/month for the Basic plan of G Suite which includes everything you’ll need for a single domain. Plus, I have an unlimited number of G Suite coupons for 20% off which you can sign up here to get one sent to your email right away! 😃