After using both DropFunnels and Kartra, I found DropFunnels to be affordable software for those looking to create both a blog and sales funnels with fast page speeds. Kartra is more for that looking to pay a premium for additional features such as an email autoresponder and affiliate program.
Here’s an overview of what I’ll be comparing for DropFunnels vs Kartra:
Let’s get started!
DropFunnels vs Kartra: Comparison Overview
In many ways, DropFunnels is similar to Kartra in the sense that they’re both page builders.
On one hand, you have DropFunnels which uses Beaver Builder as the main page editing tool and is built through WordPress to make everything optimized for speed and SEO. This is fantastic for page speed but could be a drawback since you can only use one domain per account on the base plan. You can however get up to 10 sites on the Agency plan.
On the other hand, you have Kartra which is an all-in-one software with over 14 different apps that you can use to build and run your business. It is definitely more expensive than DropFunnels and you’re limited on the base plan with what you can do but could be worth it if you’re going to take advantage of all the features available.
The main apps that Kartra offers are:
- Kartra Checkouts – Sell products or services online through our secure and gorgeous checkout forms for both credit card and Paypal payments.
- Kartra Pages – Amazing drag-and-drop page builder with hundreds of professionally designed templates. Ultimate flexibility and 100% mobile optimized.
- Kartra Leads – Build your leads, prospects and customers database. Organize them in theme groups via lists and custom tags.
- Kartra Funnels & Campaigns – Engineer a multi-page funnel flow to convert visitors into leads, leads into customers, and customers into recurrent clients!
- Kartra Mail – Create live or automated email/SMS marketing campaigns to communicate and engage with your user base.
- Kartra Memberships – Deliver your content, course or training material with our professionally designed, drag-and-drop membership portal builder.
- Kartra Videos – Video marketers rejoice! Pop offers mid-way through your video, inject lead capture forms, multi-video playlists and much more.
- Kartra Helpdesks – Helpdesk portal with support ticketing and live chat. Fully integrated with Kartra Checkouts to also provide billing support.
- Kartra Calendars – Register and organize your one-to-one scheduled sessions with your customers, all from within one integrated dashboard.
- Kartra Forms – Gorgeous lead capture forms. Create your own custom fields with powerful tagging and automation rules.
- Kartra Affiliates – Recruit, manage and track an army of affiliates to promote your products. Flexible commissions, payment milestones, etc.
- Kartra Agency – Do you service other people’s online business? Manage customer accounts from one centralized console!
- Kartra Marketplace – Sell your marketing funnels and expert services, or discover resources created by other Kartra users.
With this being said, let’s dive into the pros and cons of each software.
DropFunnels Pros & Cons
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of DropFunnels.
- Unlimited sales funnels and pages
- SEO optimized out of the gate to rank your sales funnels
- Free link tracker
- Build an authoritative blog
- Build conversion-focused sales funnels
- Payment integrations
- Unlimited users
- One domain on the base plan (you can however easily upgrade to the Pro plan for more sites)
- Can be tricky learning the platform since there’s a lot of widgets and advanced settings
Kartra Pros & Cons
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of Kartra.
- intuitive funnel creation with drag & drop
- over 14 different apps including creating an affiliate marketing program and email autoresponder
- software is frequently updated and improved
- integrate with tons of email autoresponders
- integrate with payment providers
- lots of funnel templates to choose from
- 14-day free trial
- more expensive than DropFunnels
- slower page speeds since it’s not built on WordPress
- limit to funnel amount and visitor count on base plan
- can be intimidating to learn at first
DropFunnels And Kartra: Page Builders Compared
Interestingly enough, DropFunnels uses the modules from Beaver Builder (a popular WordPress page builder plugin) as a base to build other widgets and customizations.
Here’s a quick look at what the DropFunnels editor looks like.
I’m actually pleasantly surprised by this since it allows you to have plenty of ways to customize your website without coding.
With DropFunnels, you get over 90+ widgets ready to go right out of the box.
DropFunnels can be used to build both an SEO powered blog and sales funnels complete with upsells and downsells right out of the box.
The same page builder is used for both your blog and sales funnels that you build inside the platform, which makes it a seamless transition between the two.
The Kartra page builder is another drag and drop builder but with a little clunkiness. Simple actions such as increasing column width for widgets takes a lot more steps than DropFunnels among other things.
All in all, for the page builders I’d have to give the edge to DropFunnels.
Page Builder Winner: DropFunnels
Are both DropFunnels And Kartra optimized for page speed?
If you’ve never used WordPress, then maybe you’re not familiar with the fact that nearly half the internet runs on it.
There are many reasons for this but one of them is the fact that if it’s built on WordPress, then you’re going to have a much faster page speed…
and when you have pages that load faster, you’ll get more sales at the end of the day.
Since DropFunnels is built on WordPress, they are much faster than Kartra.
The winner for page speed is hands down DropFunnels.
Page Speed Winner: DropFunnels
Are both DropFunnels And Kartra optimized for SEO?
Kartra is focused on being an all-in-one platform and is not built with an infrastructure on WordPress. The problem this presents is that Kartra isn’t truly SEO optimized in the way that DropFunnels is.
DropFunnels, on the other hand, has its infrastructure built on WordPress and I found it to have way more features that allow you to rank your blog posts and even sales funnels on Google.
So, DropFunnels is the winner of this one for SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Winner: DropFunnels
Do both have training alongside the main software?
Both DropFunnels and Kartra provide training to use their respective software.
I’d say that both are relatively easy to figure out how to use but Kartra might have a slight edge in terms of training users.
Marketing Training Winner: Kartra
DropFunnels vs Kartra: Pricing
Now, it’s time to take a look at the cost of DropFunnels and the cost of Kartra as funnel builders.
You’ll start out with a 14 day free trial of DropFunnels to test everything out and see if you like it.
After that, there are two DropFunnels pricing plans to choose from:
- DropFunnels Standard Plan: $49/month
- DropFunnels Pro Plan: $149/month
- DropFunnels Agency Plan: $297/month
Kartra has the following pricing plans to choose from:
- Kartra Starter Plan: $99/month
- Kartra Silver Plan: $199/month
- Kartra Gold Plan: $299/month
- Kartra Platinum Plan: $499/month
As far as pricing goes, if you’re looking to get started with as little invested as possible then you’d want to go with DropFunnels since it’s half the price.
Kartra is best in my opinion if you’re ready to use all 14 apps that they offer and want to have an all-in-one software with an email autoresponder.
In terms of the winner for pricing, I’d have to give this one to DropFunnels.
Pricing Winner: DropFunnels
I hope this review gave you an inside look into some of your questions surrounding DropFunnels vs Kartra.
Now it’s up to you to decide which funnel builder to go with and use to run your business.
Remember, you can always get started with a free trial for either one and cancel if you end up not liking it.
That’s all I’ve got, so let me know if you’ve got any more questions in the comments below!
I hope you enjoyed this post. This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission if you make a purchase.