After using both DropFunnels and GrooveFunnels, I found DropFunnels to be a great software to create both a blog and sales funnels with lightning-fast load speeds. GrooveFunnels is more for those looking to optimize and test sales funnels with the ability to send out email and SMS broadcasts.
Here’s an overview of what I’ll be comparing for DropFunnels vs GrooveFunnels:
Let’s get started!
DropFunnels vs GrooveFunnels: Comparison Overview
In many ways, DropFunnels is similar to GrooveFunnels in the sense that they’re both page builders.
On one hand, you have DropFunnels which uses Beaver Builder as the main page editing tool and is built through WordPress to make everything optimized for speed and SEO. This is fantastic for page speed but could be a drawback since you can only use one domain per account on the base plan. You can however get up to 10 sites on the Agency plan.
On the other hand, you have GrooveFunnels which is great if you only want a few basic features on the base plan to use for free to create sales funnels. GrooveFunnels does allow for multiple domains on the base plan but the features are extremely limited in comparison to the other plans that they offer.
Additionally, the funnel builder portion of GrooveFunnels is slower than DropFunnels and is not optimized for SEO since it’s not built through WordPress. If you do decide to pay for the more expensive GrooveFunnels plans, then you will get additional software that DropFunnels doesn’t offer such as GrooveMail to use as an email autoresponder.
Related Post: 12 Best Autoresponder Software Comparison
With this being said, let’s dive into the pros and cons of each software.
DropFunnels Pros & Cons
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of DropFunnels.
- Unlimited sales funnels and pages
- SEO optimized out of the gate to rank your sales funnels
- Free link tracker
- Build an authoritative blog
- Build conversion focused sales funnels
- Payment integrations
- Unlimited users
- One domain on the base plan (you can however easily upgrade to the Pro plan for more sites)
- Can be tricky learning the platform since there’s a lot of widgets and advanced settings
GrooveFunnels Pros & Cons
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of GrooveFunnels.
- over 14 apps included with GrooveFunnels
- easily drag and drop widgets (built in the cloud so no hosting is required)
- built-in email autoresponder on the paid plans
- the affiliate program is one of the best out there
- software is frequently updated and improved
- integrate with tons of email autoresponders
- integrate with payment providers
- tons of funnel templates to choose from
- free version available to try the software
- limited widgets in base plan
- a ton of features are not available on the base plan (requiring a $99 fee) such as the email autoresponder, 1 funnel template, 3 sites, 3 funnels
- currently in beta and I found the funnel builder itself to be lacking in performance and features available in comparison to DropFunnels
- can be intimidating to learn at first
DropFunnels And GrooveFunnels: Page Builders Compared
Interestingly enough, DropFunnels uses the modules from Beaver Builder (a popular WordPress page builder plugin) as a base to build other widgets and customizations.
Here’s a quick look at what the DropFunnels editor looks like.
I’m actually pleasantly surprised by this since it allows you to have plenty of ways to customize your website without coding.
With DropFunnels, you get over 90+ widgets ready to go right out of the box.
DropFunnels can be used to build both an SEO powered blog and sales funnels complete with upsells and downsells right out of the box.
The same page builder is used for both your blog and sales funnels that you build inside the platform, which makes it a seamless transition between the two.
GrooveFunnels, on the other hand, is a funnel builder that is lacking in terms of widgets, features, and intuitiveness in terms of the user interface.
Some things to consider for GrooveFunnels funnel builder:
- slow interface
- numerous typos
- poor UI
With all that being said, GrooveFunnels is definitely still usable create sales funnels for free if that’s what you’re looking for, but the small annoyances can soon turn into a nightmare and waste a ton of time.
I’m of the opinion that the GrooveFunnels funnel builder needs more time to iron out the kinks in their software.
All in all, for the page builders I’d have to give DropFunnels the big win for having all the widgets and features available on the base plan with a clean UI.
Page Builder Winner: DropFunnels
Are both DropFunnels And GrooveFunnels optimized for page speed?
If you’ve never used WordPress, then maybe you’re not familiar with the fact that nearly half the internet runs on it.
There’s many reasons for this but one of them is the fact that if it’s built on WordPress, then you’re going to have a much faster page speed…
and when you have pages that load faster, you’ll get more sales at the end of the day.
Since DropFunnels is built on WordPress, they are much faster than GrooveFunnels.
The winner for page speed is hands down DropFunnels.
Page Speed Winner: DropFunnels
Are both DropFunnels And GrooveFunnels optimized for SEO?
GrooveFunnels focuses on allowing its users to quickly set up and run sales funnels with different custom domains.
This has a lot of upsides but the downside to this is that it greatly decreases your chance of ranking high in Google and hurts your SEO.
DropFunnels on the other hand has its infrastructure built on WordPress and only allows for one site per account on the base.
This restriction is actually a huge benefit if you want to focus on SEO for driving traffic with not only your blog but also be able to rank your sales funnels in Google!
Plus, if you need more sites then you can upgrade to the plan up and get 5 sites.
So, DropFunnels is the winner of this one for SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Winner: DropFunnels
Do both have marketing training alongside the main software?
Both DropFunnels and GrooveFunnels provide training to use their respective software.
However, I found the training and onboarding with DropFunnels to be far superior to GrooveFunnels since they even offer an onboarding call if you want one to learn the software.
Marketing Training Winner: DropFunnels
DropFunnels vs GrooveFunnels: Pricing
Now, it’s time to take a look at the cost of DropFunnels and the cost of GrooveFunnels as funnel builders.
You’ll start out with a 14 day free trial of DropFunnels to test everything out and see if you like it.
After that, there are three DropFunnels pricing plans to choose from:
- DropFunnels Starter Plan (no free trial): $99/month
- DropFunnels Starter Plan (free trial): $129/month
- DropFunnels Ultimate Plan: $299/month
GrooveFunnels has the following pricing plans to choose from:
- GrooveFunnels Base Plan: Free
- GrooveFunnels Silver Plan: $99/month
- GrooveFunnels Gold Plan: $199/month
As far as pricing goes, if you’re looking to get started with as little invested as possible then you’d want to go with GrooveFunnels. Just be weary that the funnel builder is sub-par and annoying to use in comparison to DropFunnels. Additionally, you’re greatly limited in the features and sales funnels you can create.
DropFunnels, on the other hand, is still an extremely affordable price point that allows you to build unlimited sales funnels with all the features and widgets available on the Standard plan.
In terms of the winner for pricing, I’d have to call this one a close tie.
Pricing Winner: Tie (All features with DropFunnels on base plan vs very minimal features on the free base plan with GrooveFunnels)
I hope this review gave you an inside look into some of your questions surrounding DropFunnels vs GrooveFunnels.
Now it’s up to you to decide which funnel builder to go with and use to run your business.
Remember, you can always get started with a free trial and cancel if you end up not liking it.
That’s all I’ve got, so let me know if you’ve got any more questions in the comments below!
Suggested Posts For You:
- DropFunnels Review & Pricing: Should You Get It? [Free Trial]
- ClickFunnels Review 2020: Is it worth the money? [Free Trial]
- Affiliate Marketing For Beginners: How To Make Your First Affiliate Sale in 7 Steps
- DropFunnels vs Kartra: Which One’s Better?
- 13 Best Boxing Affiliate Programs That Pack A Punch
- Top 12 Online Course Affiliate Programs INSANE Profits
- Is Digital Marketing A Good Career? [8 Key Benefits]
- Affiliate Marketing vs Lead Generation: What’s The Difference?
- Why Is Affiliate Marketing Important? 8 Reasons Why
- Affiliate Marketing vs E-commerce: What’s The Difference?
I hope you enjoyed this post. This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission if you make a purchase.