So, you’re interested in learning what the best digital marketing tools for beginners in 2021 are?
There’s a plethora of different marketing tools for small businesses and startups that make the process of determining which marketing tools to go with seem overwhelming.
The good news for you is that I’ve listed the top softwares for digital marketing into 10 different categories.
This should help you to more quickly find what you’re looking for.
Now, it’s time to find out what the best digital marketing tools are for each category. I’ll be listing the top 3 marketing tools of each category that I recommend for every online business to invest in.
Ready? Sweet. Let’s get started!
Here’s a breakdown of all the digital marketing categories I’ll be covering. You can click on a specific category if you want to jump right to it.
Here’s the list of the top 30 best digital marketing tools you should be aware of in 2021.
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Thrive Themes
- Surfer SEO
- Keyword Surfer
Discover The 30 Best Digital Marketing Tools In 2021
Best Digital Marketing Tools 2021
Here’s the essential list of the top 30 best digital marketing tools:
Email Marketing Tools
I’ve found its automation capabilities to be truly next-level and better than the other autoresponders out there.
Start your ActiveCampaign account here and then follow along with the video below.
Here’s a few of the features that come with ActiveCampaign when you decide to give it a try:
- Expert migration service – Free migration service is available by ActiveCampaign’s team of email marketing experts. They’ll do all the hard work for you of importing your lists, re-creating all of your optin forms and connecting them, and ensuring your email automation sequences are ready to go once you create your account.
- 4 types of optin forms out of the box – I personally use Thrive Leads to create my optin forms on my website, but ActiveCampaign also has four different types of forms you can create with their own software to collect leads as well (Inline, Floating Box, Floating Bar, Modal Pop-up).
- Split-test campaigns – You can easily split-test your email campaign with the click of a button and try out different headlines and wording in your email to see what works best and gives you the highest open rate and CTR.
- Set Goals To Remove Contacts From An Automation – Goals are great for moving specific contacts to another automation sequence once they have completed something that validates that contact as being more interested in something.
- SMS Marketing – If you get the Plus pricing plan for ActiveCampaign, then you can use the phone numbers that you collect from leads to automatically follow up with people via SMS instead of needing to use an additional software.
- Contact & Lead Scoring – The lead scoring feature can be extremely useful to determine which contacts are more engaged with your emails among many other things.
One of the things that should be mentioned is that you should be cautious about how your emails are structured if your an affiliate marketer since ActiveCampaign is more picky with affiliate links in emails.
For ActiveCampaign, either want to send an email subscriber to a bridge page before an affiliate link or a different form of content that you’ve created.
Overall, I’ve found ActiveCampaign to be an amazing email autoresponder that has an intuitive user interface and makes email marketing something to be enjoyed.
Now, let’s take a look at GetResponse.
GetResponse is another great email autoresponder with automation capabilities that tends to be a little more relaxed on the affiliate side of things than ActiveCampaign.
One of the things that sets GetResponse apart is that you can create landing pages inside the software. This is especially useful when you’re just starting out.
You may not have the additional funds to go and purchase a full-fledged funnel builder or website builder, which makes GetResponse a great fit.
Additionally, if you get one of the larger pricing plans that GetResponse offers, then you can host you own webinars.
In terms of the marketing automation capabilities, I’d say they are almost right on par with ActiveCampaign. The only downside to it is that you need to spend $99/month to create custom email marketing automations. Otherwise, you can only resort to using the automation templates the GetResponse provides which may not get the job done exactly how you need it to in many cases.
However, GetResponse does offer a free trial when you sign up and create an account. This allows you to test out the software enough on the lower pricing plans to see if it will work for your use case.
If you’re interested in email marketing more for affiliate marketing with affiliate links directly inside emails, then I’d got with giving GetResponse a try with the free trial. That should help you determine whether it’s the email marketing tool you want to go with for the long-term and scale your business forward.
AWeber is the best out of the email marketing tools for direct affiliate links from inside emails, but the downside is that you likely won’t have as good of deliverability with your emails and the automation capabilities of AWeber are poor.
With this being said, if you’re looking to promote products typically on JVZoo and ClickBank as your primary source of income then it would be the autoresponder to go with in my opinion.
A lot of affiliates use AWeber because of how friendly it is for affiliate links in emails.
Analytics & Data Tools
I hate to admit it, but I probably look at my Google Analytics stats just about everyday.
If you’ve got a website (which you should as a digital marketer), then you should be tracking how many people visit it over time.
You can use Google Analytics to see both real-time data and also how the traffic to your site has either grown or dissipated over time.
Additionally, you can setup conversion tracking to see exactly what pages people are clicking your affiliate links on and how many clicks your getting each day.
Plus, if you’ve got an ecommerce store then you can see easily how many sales your getting right inside Google Analytics.
Take a look at my custom Google Analytics dashboard to get an idea of the metrics you can track for free.
If you’re interested, you can download my custom Google Analytics dashboard here.
Google Search Console is a powerful tool if you’re into search engine marketing and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
I always recommend that every business do at least some form of SEO because it allows you to bring in highly targeted traffic to your website and landing pages for free.
Take a look at this video from Ahrefs to see how to improve your SEO with Google Search Console.
Once you’ve got a lot of data sources, it can be start to get extremely tedious to try stay on track with how everything is performing across your email autoresponder, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
This is where Databox comes in to pull all your data into one place so you can easily view everything right inside your account.
The best part is that you can get started with Databox completely free and start tracking three data sources right away!
Landing Page Tools
There’s a ton of different landing page tools and sales funnel builders to choose from but DropFunnels is one of the best.
The thing that makes DropFunnels stand that you can create an SEO powered blog and sales funnels all inside the same platform.
On the blogging side of things, you won’t have to worry about all the technical SEO because it’s all done for inside DropFunnels. For the sales funnels, you can actually rank your landing pages at the top of Google, since they’re built with SEO in my mind on the WordPress infrastructure.
Lastly, DropFunnels is honestly has faster loading times than any other sales funnel builder I’ve seen out there.
ClickFunnels is known as the category king of sales funnels with over 100,000 users on their platform and billions of dollars processed through their system.
They’re all about sales funnels and using them to increase your conversions to bring in more sales on profit for your business. Just take a look at the video below.
One of the unique things about ClickFunnels, is that they also provide free marketing and online business training through FunnelFlix.
There’s tons of free courses that would normally cost you thousands of dollars to get and utilize for your own business.
Overall, ClickFunnels has a very intuitive sales funnel builder that hundreds of thousands are using each day to run their businesses.
Kartra is a landing page tool that’s actually meant to replace almost all of your other marketing tools.
Here’s a list of features that Kartra has when you sign up:
- Kartra Pages – Drag and drop page builder to create sales funnels with ease and no code necessary.
- Email autoresponder – You have the ability to send out email campaigns as well as SMS text messages to your leads.
- Kartra Memberships – You can create membership areas to build your courses in and sell access to your subscribers or give it away for free.
- Kartra Forms – Create optin forms to bring in email subscribers on autopilot.
- Kartra Affiliates – You can also create your own affiliate program with Kartra to get others to sell your own digital products.
Instead of trying to duct tape together a ton of different softwares, you can simply use Kartra to have everything under one roof and ultimately pay less.
Website Creation Tools
Alright, time for website creation tools!
Elementor is the WordPress page builder I’ve been using to create the blog your on right now.
Perhaps my favorite part about Elementor is that it allows you to create your blog posts on the front-end of your website like I am right now. 🙂👍
However, if you don’t have a WordPress page builder then you would need to resort to writing all of your blog posts within the back-end of the site in WordPress.
One of the great things about Elementor is that they have hundreds of widgets to create your website entirely without code and customize everything about your site including the header and footer.
The feature that I probably use the most though is the template creation tool. It allows you to make a certain widget a global widget and then it can be used throughout your site.
Plus, you can always come back and edit the global widget and your changes will be saved across your entire site.
11. Thrive Themes
Thrive Themes is another great website creation tool that is actually membership based with a monthly fee that gives you access to all of the Thrive softwares:
- Thrive Leads – You can create 10 different types of optin forms for your site that are completely customizable.
- Thrive Comments – Add comments to your blog posts and redirect a visitor to follow you on social media, optin to your email list, and more after submitting a comment on your site.
- Thrive Theme Builder – Allows you to take full control of your site and customize your header, footer, categories, and more
- Thrive Architect – A completely visual editor to drag and drop widgets and create your site with ease.
- Thrive Quiz Builder – You can create quizzes to segment email subscribers and create content that’s uniquely shareable.
- Thrive Apprentice – Easily create your online courses either free or paid for subscribers to view your content in.
- Thrive Optimize – Conduct A/B split tests of all the different landing pages you create and maximize your conversion rate.
- Thrive Ultimatum – You can create evergreen countdown campaigns to drive more sales.
- Thrive Ovation – Get testimonials for your business on autopilot.
Probably the best part about Thrive Themes is that it’s only $19 per month and you get access to all of the Thrive softwares on 25 websites.
Divi in many ways has a very user friendly page builder to create your website list that’s similar to Thrive Themes and Elementor.
The thing that makes Divi stand out to me though is that they provide over 800 pre-made designed pages for your websites and even over 100 complete website designs.
This means you can literally use one of the awesome complete website design templtes, change out the branding and re-word certain sections, and then publish the site live!
Divi is definitely a great way to get up and running quickly with your website and blog and they allow you to do a free demo of the software before purchasing.
Link Tracking & Management Tools
ClickMagick is an awesome link tracking tools for digital marketers that I’ve personally been using for my own business to track affiliate links.
One of the main features that I like the most about it is that they allow you to do dynamic subids to track affiliate links.
This allows you to see where clicks are coming from on your affiliate links and only need to use one affiliate link for each product. 🙂👍
Here’s some other features that ClickMagick provides:
- Track your entire sales funnel inside ClickMagick
- Custom domains
- Cross-device tracking
- Unlimited custom tracking domains
- Real-time link tracking stats and dashboard
- Conversion tracking of sales
- Automated split testing
- Automated bot filtering
- Traffic quality analysis
- Multi-mode link rotators
- Add retargeting pixels to any of your tracking links
- Link cloaking
- Fast link redirects
- Dynamic affiliate links
- Postback URL tracking
- Dynamic sub-id passing
- Facebook custom sharing options
- 24/7 link uptime monitoring
- Google Analytics compatible
- Share stats for certain links publicly
- Import/export your data
- New features every month
- Huge growing training video library
- US-based support team
All of these features for a lot of other link tracking and link management softwares either are non-existent or cost way more.
ClickMagick starts at $27 per month for up to 10,000 clicks per month with all of the core features included.
You can get started with a 14 day free trial of ClickMagick here to test it out.
I also put together an entire in-depth ClickMagick review that dives deeper on the link tracking software.
Voluum is definitely the most expensive out of the top 3 link tracking tools at $69 per month but has some great features for big advertisers.
If you’re looking to go big with paid ads across multiple channels and track everything from a single dashboard, then I’d recommend Voluum.
Voluum supports all the different types of ad formats:
- Native ads
- Organic Search
- Social media ads
- Display banners
- Email ads
- Push notifications
- Video Ads
Some of the cool features that I think Voluum offers are notifications that you can setup for links, individual onboarding for each customer, and AI-based features.
Here’s the full list Voluum features:
- Direct tracking pixel
- Impression tracking
- Traffic source & affiliate network templates
- Custom conversion tracking
- Tracking domains with SSL
- Track costs such as CPC, CPM, CPA, and more
- Manually upload conversions if needed
- Manually update campaign costs if needed
- Landing page script protection
- Instant real-time reporting
- Data grouping for reports
- Traffic log data
- Mobile app for Android and iOS
- Complete dashboard to see visits, clicks, costs, and profits in one place
- Reporting API
- Multicurrency tracking
- Traffic distribution AI
- Rule-based targeting
- A/B Split tests can be run automatically
- Mobile and Desktop notifications
- IP address filtering
- Conversion cap to redirect users to a new offer
- Redirect webhook
- Ani-fraud and bot traffic filtering
- Share your live data reports
- Create workspaces for your team
- Invite multiple users for your account
- Listicle tracking
You can get started with Voluum here.
DSLinker is a completely free link tracking tool I purchased and had developed specifically built for affiliate marketers, digital marketers, and bloggers like myself.
DSLinker lets you:
- View geography and device information
- Assess Browser Type, IP Address. URL referrers
- Scale your digital marketing business with link tracking
- Manage your traffic and assess what’s working
Plus, DSLinker is a completely mobile friendly URL shortener so you can view everything on-the-go on your phone.
Features Of DSLinker:
- Advanced Targeting – Do specific device targeting and location targeting in order to redirect users to different URLs dependent on device type and current location.
- Password Protected Links – You can create password protected links so that someone can only view the page upon clicking the link after entering in the correct password.
- Link Groups & Link Tags – You can specify tags for certain links and place certain links into a group to stay more organized with your URL shortening links.
- Dynamic Sub Ids For Affiliate Links – As an affiliate, I wanted to make sure that users can track sub ids dynamically. This allows you to see which content is performing well and see where clicks are coming from that are converting into affiliate commissions and affiliate sales.
- Attach Tracking Pixels To URL Shortened Links – Tracking pixels allow you to re-target users with ads on other platforms so you can make sales.
- Mobile Link Tracking – View your tracking links in real-time anywhere with an app on your Android or iOS phone.
There’s tons of other features as well which you can view here.
Visual Design Tools
Canva is probably one of the tools that I use the most on this list.
It’s an incredible free visual design tool that lets you easily create infographics, social media posts, posters, and tons more without needing any graphic design knowledge.
The visual design tool itself is actually extremely user-friendly and can be learned within around 30 minutes to an hour.
Plus, if you sign up for Canva Pro, you get access to tons of additional pictures and icons which is super helpful if you’re like me and creating images for blog posts and Pinterest all the time.
Visme is really similar to Canva in the design capabilities.
However, one are that I think Visme shines in that I’ve used it for is creating and editing infographics in a user-friendly way.
Have you ever wondered how to create those stunning product images and mockups?
Well, Smartmockups makes it super easy to do with tons of pre-made templates.
A lot of the templates and designs inside Smartmockups are actually free too or can be purchased for a small fee.
Check out Smartmockups here.
Fiverr is probably one of the most-widely known outsourcing sites that you can use to hire others to get tasks done.
Whether you need to create a new cover for that Youtube Channel of yours or edit your latest video, Fiverr is a great place to get it done cheap and fast.
I like to think of Freelancer as a place to go to hire freelancers with more technical degrees.
You can hire architects, software developers for your latest app, and a whole lot more.
I’ve used Freelancer a few times to outsource some work and found it easy to work with other freelancers and set milestones within the software to get major projects done in a set timeframe.
Upwork is really similar to Freelancer and you can hire software developers, writers for blog posts, engineers, customer service reps, and more.
The workflow for creating a project, posting it, and receiving proposals is pretty straightforward as well.
Take a closer look at Upwork here.
Project Management Tools
If you’re just starting out as a solopreneur it may seem like project management tools are unnecesary.
However, Asana is an excellent tool that allows you to save tasks and mark them as complete plus so much more.
Once you do start to outsource work and hire a team, you can then use some of the tasks you’ve already got created if it’s a blog post template and easily explain what needs to be done without having to create something new.
The larger and more extensive the project is, the more likely it is that you’ll start to fall in love with Trello.
You can create cool little Trello boards to keep track of tasks in a collaborative way across your entire team.
With Nutcache, you can get started with a 14 day free trial and organize the tasks across your entire team.
You can also create a Gantt chart to track and organize your tasks.
You can have custom notifications sent out as well for your project budget and costs.
You can find out more about Nutcache here.
SEO & Blogging Tools
Ubersuggest is an awesome SEO and blogging tool by Neil Patel that allows you to track your domain and see your site health.
I’ve been using it a ton to track my keyword rankings for free and see how the traffic to my site is progressing over time.
The main thing it’s used for is keyword research. You can see how much search volume each query has, the keyword difficulty, search volume difference between mobile and desktop, and ultimately come up with a list of keywords to go after.
26. Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is a relatively new tool that all of the expert SEOs are using to rank their sites higher in the search engines using data and statistics from the top ranking sites for a specified keyword.
One of the most-used features is actually a blog post editor that allows you to tell what keyword you want to rank a blog post for into the Surfer SEO API and then create your post in real-time with the data and feedback it provides. It’s pretty sweet!
Making sure the on-page SEO of your site is perfect to effectively rank easier, faster, and higher than your competitors has honestly never been easier.
You can grab Surfer SEO for just $1 here.
27. Keyword Surfer
Keyword Surfer is an awesome Chrome extension that’s actually really similar to Keywords Everywhere if you’ve heard of it, but the difference here is that Keyword Surfer is free. 🙂👍
When you’re doing keyword research with Google’s autosuggest, it pulls up search volume data and CPC for specific keywords so you can know which one’s to go after.
Plus, you can filter the data by country as well.
I do also recommend looking at the top ten results and seeing if there is a high CTR for the top result or if there’s a huge video in the way.
Social Media Tools
Buzzsumo is a very feature rich tool that focuses on finding content, doing content research, and competitor analysis.
If you’ve got a blog or are thinking about starting a blog, then it also helps to determine which of your content is performing best in terms of social shares on various social media channels.
Buffer is a great tool for scheduling out posts and staying organized and up-to-date with your social media posting.
It can get a little overwhelming and times trying to post on social media and get everything done which is where Buffer comes in.
Animoto is a cool social media tool specifically built to help you create engaging animated videos.
If you’re trying to create video to sell your product or for your social media followers, then Animoto can get the job done.
Frequently Asked Questions About Digital Marketing
A marketing tool is typically a cloud based software that you can use to enhance your marketing efforts for your online business. Whether you’re into SEO or social media, a marketing tool ultimately allows you to increase conversions and generate more sales.
There’s a lot of tools used in digital marketing. However, the main tools used in marketing are SEO tools, blogging tools, email marketing tools, analytics tools, landing page tools, link tracking tools, and visual design tools.
The top digital marketing tools that I use and recommend are ActiveCampaign, DropFunnels, ClickMagick, Surfer SEO, Fiverr, Canva, Elementor, and Google Analytics.
Marketing isn’t just important for a business, it’s essential! If you can’t get your product in front of more people profitably, then you’re never going to grow and scale as a business.
Marketing tools take away the many difficulties that arise when starting an online business. Using digital marketing tools, gives you the advantage of more effectively reaching customers and drawing in more sales.
Final Thoughts: Best Digital Marketing Tools
I hope you were able to find some awesome tools out of this list of the top 30 best marketing tools.
Be sure and let me know in the comments below.
Which tools from this list of essential marketing software are you using to build your online business and digital marketing empire?
I hope you enjoyed this post. This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links at no additional cost to you.